Friday, November 28, 2008

GO Texas Stars

Cheerleading season has officially started!!
Taylan and her best friend Lexi

We had our first cheerleading competition last weekend. Our girls have worked so hard and it is paying off. This is only Texas Stars second season being opened. Since we have so many girls we are having to compete as a large gym. Not only is all-star cheerleading huge in Texas, it is ginormous in Houston! We are having to compete against mega gyms who have amazing reputations. I am coaching our Mini Level 1 and Taylan is on our Youth Level 1. She competed on my team last weekend, as well, for one of my cheerleaders. On Saturday my team, Star Burst, won second out of 10 teams. Taylan's team, Mystic, got second out of 7. Sunday, we competed in a different competition and Star Burst got 3rd and Mystic got 1st. What an exciting weekend.
I am so proud of Taylan! She works so hard and loves to cheer! I love watching her progress. She has so much confidence in her tumbling and stunting. She is a great flyer and has now gotten her series backhandsprings and is working on her back tuck. She started working with our level 2 cheer team this week and will start competing with them in January. GO TEXAS STARS!!!

1 comment:

The Christenson's said...

Taylan is so beautiful! I hope to be able to catch you guys at a Dallas/Garland competition again this year. I want to see those back handsprings!! Can you imagaine how good we could have been if we had started (for real) at that age? :) Oh, the what ifs....