Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just Me Venting

Yesterday I had a melt down. I tried on almost everything in my closet and nothing fits. With school starting in a week, this creates a real problem! I'm not saying I'm fat, but it's frustrating when your clothes make you feel that way. If I could trade in all my clothes for 2 sizes bigger, I would! To prove my point, I tried on my "Fat Jeans" that are now "Muffin Top" Jeans and showed Chris. His response, "I think you look great"! It's nice to have a husband who thinks I'm gorgeous no matter what size, but I was hoping he would say, "here's the credit card go buy a new wardrobe". With time ticking, I started weighing my options.
My downfall is snacking. I really don't eat meals, I just snack all day. I am also a Sloth. During the summer I hibernate and don't move around alot. Problem Solved.
I have decided to start exercising. I do coach cheerleading and make my cheerleaders do tons of conditioning. When we first opened the gym, I did the conditioning and stretching with them. Now, I might do a couple of of jumping jacks and push-ups, but that's it. I have decided to start jogging early in the morning. I started today. OH MY GOSH! All of you runners out there, how in the world do you do it? When we were in San Francisco Chris bought me an adorable running outfit from The North Face store. I started jogging and about two houses down, my body went into shock! What!!?? I thought I could make it about a mile or so before that happened. I live in a very active neighborhood where people walk and run their dogs and sit out on their porches. Several of my neighbors were out watering their yards and sitting on their porches so I refused to embarass myself in front of them. So I jogged around the neighborhood until I reached the end of my street and got on the main street. I then walked fast for a while. When I tried to jog again I felt like I was going to puke. So, I kept walking. How did I get so out of shape and old? Better luck tomorrow. Instead of feeling like a failure I am proud of myself for getting out there and doing a little cardio. It's more than I usually get!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Do taebo Bec. You can do it in the comfort of your own home so you don't embrass yourself. Plus, it's never too hot or too cold.

The Christenson's said...

I'm right there with you. I have got to start doing something. Once school starts back I will start...maybe... ;)
Proud of you for starting now!!!

April Massad said...

HAHAHAHA!!! OMG I was laughing so hard when I was reading about your jogging because I would be the EXACT same! Well except you probably made it much farther than I would! Okay maybe I wouldn't even have the guts to go at all. :)
I want Wii Fit! I love my Wii, but that game can't be found right now. I just read in this week's People about some lady who lost weight doing it. I will probably get it and never do it!
Wish we lived closer so we could embarass ourselves together!
P.S. I'm with Chris you look hot!