Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School

Summer really went fast, and now we are starting our second week of school. To get Taylan in the mood, me and two other moms took Taylan and her friends to get their nails painted the day before school. This is a tradition Erin and I started when Taylan started preschool. I can not believe Tay is now in third grade.


Taylan was a little nervous to start back at Campbell this year. She already knew people, so that made it easier. She goes to the afterschool daycare on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (which she loves) and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, she rides the bus with a friend that takes her to Cheer. My cheerleaders practice at 4, so I have to go straight from school. Tay practices at 4:30. We have a nice little system going on. I get Taylan up and around, and Chris takes her to school, except on Wednesdays, because he has to be at work at 6. So, I drop her off at a friends house before school.
Anyway, last week was the longest week of my life! This is the way I felt about Wednesday on!
I do have a sweet class! I love them all. I really didn't think Kindergarteners were going to be so different from Second Graders. Boy was I wrong. I never knew it could take so long for 21 people to get in a straight line. We are working on mastering that. It sort of looks like a snake.

3 comments:

April Massad said...

Tay's nails look SO pretty!!! She is SO grown up! My gosh!
So glad you like your class! I don't know if I could handle that ge group all day! ;)

The Christenson's said...

AW, how I miss living close to you guys!! :( Taylan is so grown up... I miss her.
and news for me...I accidentally deleted our blog. I know, I know...how is the world, right? Well, once it is restored or I start a new one, I will start with that story. Cross your fingers for me that they can restore it!! I am just sick over it!!

Trisha said...

I can't imagine having 21 Braydyns at one time. Taylan is so cute, she's your little mini-me.