Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurray for the Internet!!!

One of my neighbors wrote this on our street
First of all, I would like to say how lucky we are!!! We weathered the Hurricane with no damage to our house or fence. We were only without electricity for 24 hours. This was a pleasant suprise. There are 2 houses on my block that are still out, and several surrounding neighborhoods. So, when I complain that we were without cable or internet until this afternoon, it makes me feel pretty stupid. I do not know how people survived without these two necessities for thousands of years. The first thing I did when I got on the internet was look at the pictures of all the damage in Galveston and other places. WOW!! How hurrible for all those people. We love Galveston. Since it is only 45 miles from us, we visit quite often. It is going to take a long time for it to get back to normal. I have posted some of the pictures I took. Really, the pictures don't do it justice. I can't imagine had we been in the eye of the hurricane. The neighborhood that I live in is called Greatwood because of all of the massive trees. One of my neighbors said it is now going to have to be called Greatsticks.

This is the side of my house





My neighbors' houses

All of the Streetsigns fell of the poles



1 street over






You can't really tell, but that's lawn furniture on the roof of a 2-story
Taylan and I took a tour of the neighborhood on Sunday
The Park right behind my house

Tennis anyone?


Hurricane Party of coarse


We are out of school until Monday. With so much time, and no cable, Taylan has found knew ways to entertain herself. Molly looks so cute in Build a Bear clothes!!!







1 comment:

Trisha said...

Glad everythings OK. You guys were lucky!